All too often, I find myself forgetting God's greatness and supreme sovereignty. I start to let things in this earth worry me, and I so easily lose sight of the fact that God is greater than each and every thing that troubles me. I know - that's a pretty major oversight on my part, but somehow I still manage to overlook the obvious and I let my wayward thoughts affect me.
"Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing."
These words remind me that God is the keeper of every single star in the universe - He's not about to forget about me. I need to sit back and put my faith in the great I AM, for I know His great power and mighty strength will never fail. When I lift up my eyes, I realize that God is so much greater than what I'm going though. He's got things under control; my job is only to sit back and have faith in Him, and that, I can handle.
So if you start to feel the world weighing down on your shoulders, lift up your eyes.

Mercy Me has a great song on this, called "You are I AM." It's really powerful, and if you haven't heard it yet, I would encourage you to listen: http://youtu.be/2JI4CPfuLW0
No comments:
Post a Comment